Why Pharmacogenetic Testing?
Since most conditions can be treated with a variety of medications and dosages, finding a successful match for your individual body chemistry is important.
- • Understand Appropriate Drug Choice and Safe Medication Dosing
- • Minimize Side Effects
- • Reduce the Risk of Drug-To-Drug Interactions
- • Help Reduce Medical Costs
How it Works
Your sample is tested at a high-quality, high-complexity laboratory to identify genetic variations that may affect the way you metabolize certain medications. The test results, along with your provider’s medical expertise, are used to make treatment decisions.
- 1 Your provider orders the genetic test
- 2 A sample is collected and sent to ASPERIO Laboratories
- 3 A comprehensive gene variation test is performed and results are prepared for your provider
- 4 Your provider reviews the results through a secure online portal
- 5 The test results, along with your provider’s medical expertise, are used to make treatment decisions