We’re changing the way providers manage and prescribe medication to their patients.
What Is Pharmacogenetics?
Pharmacogenetics is the study of how genes affect a person’s response to drugs. This relatively new field combines pharmacology (the science of drugs) and genetics (the study of genes and their functions) to develop effective, safe medication dosages specific to an individual’s DNA makeup.
For even the most seasoned prescriber, choosing effective treatment options, medication, and dosage, often requires time-consuming and potentially harmful trial and error. Unfortunately, these issues can be pre-determined by factors that are completely hidden in the patient’s Genetic Profile. Until recently , this information was inaccessible to prescribers, much less patients.
ASPERIO Laboratories uses state-of-the-art instrumentation to provide advanced pharmacogenetic testing, also called DNA Drug Sensitivity Testing.
- 1 Your provider orders the genetic test
- 2 A sample is collected and sent to ASPERIO Laboratories
- 3 A comprehensive gene variation test is performed and results are prepared for your provider
- 4 Your provider reviews the results through a secure online portal
- 5 The test results, along with your provider’s medical expertise, are used to make treatment decisions
Genes Currently Tested
- Factor ll
- Factor V Leiden
Area Of Focus
- Pain Management
- Thrombophilia Risk
- Medical Management